Grow with us! Job opportunities and more.
social media and digital engagement intern
Immediate opening for a part-time Social Media & Digital Engagement Intern, approximately 5-7 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have strong copywriting skills, a creative eye, and a keen interest in everything social media. You will work with a dedicated Digital Strategy Manager and the organization's administrative team to help produce an active social media presence, monthly e-newsletters, a robust blogging schedule, and support digital engagement campaigns that promote our current projects.
The person brought into this position will need to be reliable, self-motivated, quick-thinking, and ready to learn. Requirements: Must be fluent in English, be proficient with Google Apps and Microsoft Office, and have good working knowledge of at least 4 of the following: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Pages, Mailchimp, SquareSpace, Canva, and Hootsuite.
Graphic design experience a plus.
There is a small stipend for this internship. To apply please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/fRdvLh83BoKes9532
DIRECTOR of DEVELOPMENT
ABOUT NOW + THERE:
Our mission since 2015 has been to serve artists and the city of Boston by curating impactful public art projects that create wonder and spark change. We recently completed a strategic plan that laid out an ambitious agenda for the next five years:
· Our vision: Make Boston a public art city. We want to see a future in which Boston is alive with contemporary works and infused with the belief that public art is essential to the city’s cultural fabric and identity.
· Our goal: Create a portfolio of 15 high-impact public art projects and 30 smaller projects across Boston, supporting dynamic artists, engaging new audiences, delivering public art to all neighborhoods of Boston, and building 6M impressions annually.
To achieve this vision, we must grow from a $300K to $1.5M organization by 2022. We are seeking a seasoned yet ambitious and creative fundraising professional who enjoys working collaboratively with small teams and who is ready to take on this exciting challenge.
The Director of Development is a critical outward-facing position focused on creating and executing a multi-year fundraising strategy to secure the necessary financial support from individuals, foundations and corporate partnerships to fuel Now + There’s vision to make Boston a public art city. The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and manages a Development Coordinator.
Embody the personality of the organization — bold, open, and sharp — in all aspects of the position to creatively and effectively strengthen the organization’s philanthropic base. Deliver immediate financial support and develop a pipeline of future support to realize a portfolio of 45 public art projects in Boston by 2022.
The Director of Development is mature, pro-active, self-directed and has the flexibility to operate with aplomb in a rapidly shifting environment. They are a highly-skilled fundraiser with the drive and determined boldness to pursue Now + There’s ambitious goals tempered by diplomacy and tact. In their external-facing role, the Director of Development possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, can articulate compelling messages for support, both verbal and written, that generate enthusiasm and commitment. They bring a strong belief in Now + There’s mission, the desire to use art as a catalyst for equity and change, and the aspiration to positively contribute to the organization’s long-term success. The Director of Development is a results-driven, strategic operator yet remains curious and open to new tactics, keeps their sense of humor at all times, and desires to learn and grow.
- Create and executive a multiyear fundraising strategy to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporate partnerships
- Build the long-term major gift donor pipeline through prospecting and research
- Partner with Executive Director to build and maintain a portfolio of 60+ major gift donors and find intersections between donor passion and the dynamic projects under consideration
- Organize four salon events annually that build excitement around public art among Boston leaders
- Support and stimulate the Board of Directors in their work as fundraisers and ambassadors
- Support the growth of the Board of Directors and the Advisory Board
- Collaborate with external PR and digital media strategists to ensure overall N+T communications strategy aligns with development needs
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising including managing future grants writers
- Design Annual Fund solicitations and manage all donor record-keeping and individual gift reporting
- 5-10 years of fundraising experience, including successful major gift solicitations
- Skills and proven results designing and executing a comprehensive development plan
- Experience in rapidly scaling a high-profile major donor base
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills matched by superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to forge lasting relationships with board members, donors and staff
- Experience working in a visual arts organization and/or a love of public art
- Love of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Flexibility, tact, and a keen sense of humor
- Attention to detail
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will be discussed with applicants who are invited to interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2018.
NOW + THERE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Now + There is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on the needs of the organization, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Massachusetts. Now + There will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Now + There values new perspectives and opinions, and a thoughtful approach to our work of building a public art city. We look forward to receiving your application!