Grow with us! Job opportunities and more.
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Now + There (N+T) seeks an outgoing, naturally curious and quick-witted part-time Digital Media Specialist (20 hours a week) to work with the Executive Director in a fast-paced environment to implement a digital media strategy to attract and engage new audiences. Together, we’ll facilitate a dialogue about public art – what it is and what it can be – and create awareness and excitement around N+T’s upcoming projects. The goal is to increase website traffic and event attendance resulting in donations.
This part-time position requires superb command of the written language, facility with all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat), short form writing, and the maturity to balance the goals of the plan within a part-time position. The ideal candidate is creative, independent, skilled at adapting content for multiple social media platforms and their audiences, can think on their feet, and isn’t afraid to learn in public. A passion for art is a must.
The Digital Media Specialist will portray the voice of the organization in digital media. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- generate, edit and publish all social media content and the majority of blog postings with the goal of building meaningful connections with our target audiences
- generate and execute digital media strategies for multiple public art programs and an annual fundraising campaign
- analyze and act on engagement data to increase participant engagement
- moderate all social media channels and participate in conversations
- manage the development of two blog posts a month including inviting guest contributors
- oversee website updates and generate content as needed
- 1-2 years experience working in digital marketing or social media
- excellent written and communications skills; especially short-form writing
- experience using social media analytics tools
- familiarity with graphic design programs to illustrate concepts
- familiarity with web content management systems
- familiarity with SEO optimization
This 20-hour a week position may be performed outside of the office but at least 3 hours of office time per week is required. Specialist must have a computer and smart device to perform work outside of the office. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Now + There encourages applicants from diverse cultural backgrounds and does not discriminate on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
HOW TO APPLY AND DEADLINE
If you think you’re the right candidate for this position, show us on how on social media and send a cover letter and resume to Kate Gilbert at email@example.com by April 15.
SUMMER 2017 OFFICE AND RESEARCH INTERN
Now + There seeks an organized and affable Office and Research Intern to assist three days a week from June 1 to August 25, 2017 with important programmatic and administrative tasks essential to keeping this small public art organization responsive and effective.
The Intern will work with the Executive Director in a fast-paced, creative environment to strengthen the organization’s administrative capabilities and support the development of our commissioned artists with project-specific research. Tasks include database management, project research, fulfilling online orders, and general office management such as ordering supplies, scanning, and filing. Depending on the candidate’s skills and interests, some light project management may be part of the position.
Schedule, start and end dates are flexible. Now + There encourages applicants from diverse cultural backgrounds and does not discriminate on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, however, our building is not ADA compliant, and candidates must be able to walk up four flights of stairs.
Intern will receive an $800 stipend upon successful completion of the internship. The internship may also be used for course credit.
The ideal candidate is curious to learn, dependable, organized, and possesses a sense of humor. Office experience and facility with MS Office Suite a must. Familiarity with CMS websites and Salesforce a plus. Knowledge of public art not necessary.
HOW TO APPLY AND DEADLINE
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Kate Gilbert, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2017.